Friday, December 26, 2014

Japanese Restaurant - Tatsu Jin

Boxing Day - thought I needed to enjoy some good food.  Remembered that my cousin sister in-law told me her youngest son is now a Chef with a newly opened Japanese Restaurant nearby my place.  Called up a friend to join me for lunch at this place and also to meet up with my nephew [a young chap with several years experience cooking Japanese Food].
He is the Boss of Tatsu Jin
My sister in-law couldn't tell me the exact address but from her description it isn't difficult to locate the restaurant which is a double storey corner house visible from Petronas Station at Kampong Jawa, Bayan Lepas, Penang. This is the exact address:
Tatsu Jin
12 Jalan Bahagia, Kampung Jawa
11900 Bayan Baru
Bayan Lepas
Penang
Tel: 04-6411684
Opening Hours: 11.30 am - 3.00 pm
and 
6.00 pm to 10.00 pm

We wanted to order the set lunch for each of us but thought it would be too big a portion especially for my friend who said she had late breakfast.  So we settled for the following and the waitress suggested that we can share some of the food ordered.  She gave us an extra bowl so that we share the food.  Luckily we did that because the food portion is rather big and very filling.

We ordered:
Garlic Chahan [Japanese Garlic Fried Rice] - RM 4.00
Tasty Fragrant Garlic Fried Rice
Chicken Don Katsu - RM 14.00
Chicken Don Katsu [lots of rice underneath the fried chicken, eggs with onions and freshly shredded carrots]
Chicken Teriyaki - RM 11.00
Chicken Teriyaki [not too sweet but tasty]
2 Cups of Green Tea - RM 1.00 per cup

The meal comes up to RM 32.40 [after a 5% discount and a  10% service charge of RM 2.95]

Service is fast and food comes steaming hot which is what I always expect when eating out.  
The following photos are food ordered by patrons at the next table who let me took the photos when I told them my nephew is the cook.
Sushi rolls
Seafood Noodles with Tempura Prawns

No comments:

Post a Comment