Sunday, October 09, 2016

2016 NINE EMPEROR GODS FESTIVAL [KEW ONG YEAH]

This year's Nine Emperor Gods Festival was smooth and easy for me.  I didn't do much of cooking as my sister and sister in-law were away on holiday.  There is no necessity to cook extra vegetarian food for them.  My neighbour whom I used to cook vegetarian food for during this festival also chose to eat at the vegetarian food stalls instead of having home-cooked vegetarian food.  With only my small family of three, there is no need to cook  much except only for dinner.
I also got to know that vegetarian food was available at the temple for devotees throughout the day and payment is through donation.  This is a good practice and encouragement for us to have our meals at the temple especially when the temple is just across the road from where I lived [Taman Lip Sin, Penang].  It is so convenient and we also get to meet people living in our area and notice the strong bond of community spirit.

This year is the 29th year of Taman Lip Sin Kew Ong Yeah Temple.  Here are some pictures which I took picturing the activities held during this year's celebration.  I was told that for next year which is the 30th anniversary, celebration will be on a grand scale. Let's look forward to celebrate this festival next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment